The 7th grade is one of the most important stages for students because it ushers them into the final year in middle school. It is hence important that the essay topics for 7th grade prepare them as they get closer to the next big change in their lives. There are many essay topics for grade 7 to choose from and they vary from school, friendship, career, family, and recreation. Here, you’ll find some of the interesting essay topics for grade 7. You’ll also discover some expository writing prompts 7th grade students would love.
Some Essay Topics for 7th Grade
Relationship With Family and Friends
- When can a friend earn the title of “best friend”?
- Is it ideal to have a favorite cousin or relative?
- Should family vacations be observed every year?
- Should your best friend have another best friend?
- What is the right age for parents to stop throwing traditional birthday parties for their kids?
- What chores do you hate doing at home?
- Who is your best friend?
- Do your parents need to know all of your friends?
- Should parents have a right to decide your friends?
- How can growing up with busy parents affect students’ school life?
- What are the important features to look out for in a friendship?
- At what age should parents let their kids attend sleepovers?
- Would you rather call your parents by their first name or use the title of mum and dad?
School and Career
- Would you rather go to high school from home or attend boarding school?
- How important is reading to one’s academics?
- School libraries should let students borrow more books at once
- Would you prefer to be homeschooled?
- What is your inspiration for your career decision?
- What are the positive and negative effects of pop quizzes
- What would you like to be when you grow up?
- Would you rather bring your lunch to school or eat school food?
- Who is your favorite subject teacher, and why?
- Hall monitors are often proud of their position
- Are private schools better than public schools?
- When is the right time to begin preparing for school exams?
- School lockers should replace the use of backpacks in storing books
- What is your favorite subject?
- Why schools should ln d reconsider giving students bulky homework
- Do you prefer classroom work to extracurricular activities?
- What is your favorite extracurricular activity?
- What are the best ways to help students boost their grades?
- Why do kids allow themselves to be bullied at school?
Behavior and Lifestyle
- Are kids more comfortable confiding in their teacher or parent?
- Why do girls like to have piercings?
- Should 7th graders be allowed to wear makeup to school?
- The importance of owning a pet
- Why are mean kids tolerated by everyone?
- Should kids be allowed to go on dates?
- Would you prefer to do homework online?
- Do kids stay away from online sites that have age restrictions?
- Would you let your parents decide how you do your hair?
- Are kids ashamed to be seen with their parents?
- Would you rather ride a bike to school or hop on the school bus?
Some Expository Writing Prompts 7th Grade Students Would Find Interesting
- Your classmates are not always your friends; what are the characteristics of your true friends?
- Many orphaned or less privileged kids often have to deal with discrimination: how can you help stop discrimination against kids in schools?
- The thrill of going to a foreign country is one of the reasons why people travel often; what country would you like to visit?
- Music has a way of communicating our deepest feelings; what are the different kinds of music that people make?
- Grandparents and grandkids often have a special bond; what are the reasons for the special relationship between kids and their grandparents
- The Covid19 spreads faster when we come in contact with other people; in what ways can you maintain social distance at school and in public places?
- Eating healthy is important for the body in many ways; what are some of the benefits of eating healthy food?
- The older we get, the less we want to indulge in certain activities; explain some acts you wished your parents stopped
- High school is a bigger setting than you are used to; what ways have you tried to prepare for high school
- Boys prefer to play video games while girls prefer to play dress-up; why do you think this is so?
- Spending quality time with family can be fun and tiring at the same time; what is the best way to deal with an annoying family member?
- Sometimes we get hurt by people who mean so much to us; how do you handle hurt from your favorite teacher or parent?
- Having a skill is very important; describe the skills you have
- Teachers play an important role in children’s success in their schoolwork: what are some of the ways that a teacher has made you dislike a subject?
- Technology has done more good than harm for children: explain the ways that technology has eased school and home activities
There are numerous essay topics for grade 7 kids. You can select some of the best here and start writing at once!